SEMCAD X Matterhorn Release V16.4
SPEAG has released Version 16.4 of its SEMCAD X Matterhorn simulation platform, offering major accelerations and performance boosts ranging from subgridding to high performance computing (HPC) and Cloud Computing. It also features the market's fastest new peak spatial specific absorption rate (psSAR) algorithm implementation. Furthermore, our powerful 5G simulation package has been refined to further automate and streamline the application flow in areas of equipment optimization, 5G/wireless technology and optimization of in-/on-body communication devices.
V16.4 includes several improvements specifically requested by our customers, such as 5G toolkit extensions and GUI/Postprocessing performance increase. Feedback, as always, is greatly welcomed!
Significant Performance Boosts
FASTEST psSAR AVERAGING ALGORITHM
- The new highly efficient and validated implementation of the IEEE/IEC62704-1 SAR averaging standard algorithm in V16.4 drastically reduces the required computational time and makes it more than 100x faster while preserving full compliance with the standard.
- psSAR also scales very efficiently with the available number of CPU cores.
- The new concept even eliminates any need for a fast preview option.
MAJOR SPEEDUP OF ADAPTIVE SUBGRIDDING
- The latest FDTD local refinement algorithms in SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4 greatly improve computation performances in case of subgridding (AXE), in particular for adaptive and connected subgrids.
- Adaptive subgridding has been broadly applied on real examples and provides considerably faster solver time with up to 50% speedup.
Raising High-Performance Computing
ARES & MULTI-SIM MULTI-GPU
- In SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4, the Asynchronous Remote Server (ARES) has been enriched by an enhanced queuing system which allows jobs to run concurrently. Servers with multi-GPU configurations and/or multiple CPU's are now capable of running jobs on a subset of cards/processors at the same time.
- Simulation throughput can be significantly increased by utilizing all hardware resources on dedicated compute servers, reducing the time to solution significantly.
- V16.4 also allows an easy setup of hardware requirements in the SEMCAD X GUI for all supported solvers and automatic dispatch via networking is empowered.
CLOUD COMPUTING ON NIMBIX
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4 has been enhanced to support the NIMBIX Cloud platform. It offers the latest hardware acceleration supported by V16.4., thereby supporting the employment of CUDA + AXE FDTD solvers in the cloud for the fastest outcome.
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4 provides user-friendly tools to enable automated interaction with the NIMBIX platform.
- The novel support for NIMBIX enables the user to perform large and computationally heavy simulations on the latest CPU and GPU/NVIDIA related HPC hardware.
General Improvements, Features and User Requests (Selected)
- The powerful 5G simulation package in SEMCAD X Matterhorn has been enriched by various productivity and framework enhancements (support for conformal/bent arrays/lenses, improved modeling for phased arrays CAD models, faster array-factor far-field evaluators, RCS support).
- The enhanced two-way interaction link to Optenni Lab permits seamless transfer of simulation data and circuit configurations. Matching, tuning, and decoupling circuits to an EM simulation is now possible in a single but user-friendly step.
- V16.4 features a new Fast RCS (Radar Cross-Section) simulation/evaluation for large objects to calculate bi-static and mono-static RCS.
- Various important framework improvements (handling, modeling, post-processing) have been implemented in V16.4 which boost any workflow and usage (general GUI/tree speedup for 100’000s of objects > x50, markers/xy plot improvements, Python enhancements, etc.)
A more comprehensive list of improvements, fixes, and new features is included in the Release Notes.
To experience the power and elegance of SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4 or for further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +41 44 245 9700.
The relevant SEMCAD X Matterhorn installers for Win7/Win8/8.1/Win10 64-bit platforms can be downloaded here. Existing customers with an up-to-date annual maintenance and support plan, will automatically receive all pertinent information regarding the Software Installer Download and updated licenses.
SPEAG is committed to empowering our customers to reach new heights of productivity and scientific achievement by providing outstanding innovative software solutions, testing equipment, and service.
The SEMCAD X Matterhorn Team
Enhanced 5G simulation package in SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16.4 for optimization and performance assessment of 5G wireless devices and demonstration of compliance: beam-steering/optimization of a quasi-Yagi phased array embedded into industrial CAD data of a mobile phone.
Performance boost for the adaptive subgridding (AXE) in V16.4: 50% speedup of the GPU-based subgrid algorithm allows for even faster optimization/assessment of complex scenarios (multiband-antenna resolved by 17(!) overlapping/adaptive individual subgrids).
Support for the NIMBIX Cloud platform in V16.4: performing large and computationally intensive simulations on the latest CPU and GPU/NVIDIA related HPC hardware – via connection directly from the SEMCAD X Matterhorn GUI and progress/ control via NIMBIX online/web interface.
Matching, tuning, and decoupling of complex multi-channel systems using SEMCAD X Matterhorn’s V16.4 MATCH module in combination with the circuit optimization tool Optenni Lab.